verso converso

aportes incorrectos después de haber caído del caballo...

Y él les dijo: «Así, todo escriba que ha llegado a ser discípulo del Reino de los Cielos es semejante al dueño de casa que saca de sus arcas lo nuevo y lo viejo.» (Mt 13,52)


junio 05, 2011

The convert

After one moment when I bowed my head
And the whole world turned over and came upright,
And I came out where the old road shone white,
I walked the ways and heard what all men said,
Forests of tongues, like autumn leaves unshed,
Being not unlovable but strange and light;
Old riddles and new creeds, not in despite
But softly, as men smile about the dead.

The sages have a hundred maps to give
That trace their crawling cosmos like a tree,
They rattle reason out through many a sieve
That stores the sand and lets the gold go free:
And all these things are less than dust to me
Because my name is Lazarus and I live.

G.K. Chesterton

Chesterton (1874-1936) se convirtió a la Iglesia Católica en 1922. Después de recibir su primer comunión escribió este poema: "El converso".

...Y todas estas cosas son menos que el polvo para mi
Porque mi nombre es Lázaro y estoy vivo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juan Ignacio said...

Genial.

(A propósito de poesía chesterttoniana no dejes de pasar por Bienvenidos la fiesta).

3:33 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home

Powered by Blogger